- Arrival at Muscat Airport and drive to Wadi Mistal and your camp for the next few days. Wadi Mistal opens up into what is known as Ghubrah Bowl, where the views are spectacular.
- You will arrive at the camp and help to set-up the tents.
- “Ice-breaker session” with team challenges. This will give you an ideal opportunity to relax and get to know your staff that will be with you for the week.
- Dinner and overnight at the camp.
- Take in some land-based activities in and around Ghubrah Bowl. We will divide into two smaller groups and participate in climbing, abseiling and mountain biking.
The group will be led by instructors who are qualified in the UK and have had vast experience in working with groups of children in the outdoors.
- After an exciting day the group will return back to camp for dinner and a well-earned rest.
- Today the activity groups will rotate.
- In the late afternoon it may be possible to take in a small trek through one of the villages perched high up in the crater. The village is a lush plantation rich in fruit trees, almonds, grapes, pomegranates and date palms.
The views from here are also fantastic and the people is very friendly. It’s an ideal opportunity to see the local culture and how these people live in the mountains.
- Overnight and dinner at the camp.
- Take the bus to Al Sawadi islands for a full day on the sea. They play host to some great snorkeling and an opportunity to participate in some sea kayaking.
- Lunch will be taken here before heading back to the camp for our last night in Ghubrah Bowl. - Overnight and dinner at the camp.
- We break camp and set off on our 4x4 journey up and over the mountains through the impressive Wadi Bani Awf.
- We will stop off to see the sites and to take in a small hike through La Gorgette. This walk will take us into the hidden village of Bilad Seet, providing another opportunity to meet Omani culture.
- We will then continue our journey up and over the mountains to the old capital of Oman – Nizwa.
- Check into our hotel and relax by the pool before dinner.
- Take in the sights of Nizwa town. The town is fairly small and is dominated by the souk and old fort at its centre.
- The fort will be our first stop, where the group will have time to explore this massive structure and learn about life in the past.
After the fort there will be time to visit the souk for some last minute bargains.
- Head back to Muscat by bus (2.30 hours journey). En- route, we will stop in at Muttrah and visit its famous souk.
- Overnight and dinner at the hotel in Nizwa.
- Transfer to the International Airport for your flight back home.
The program will vary depending on departure time.